I kept this 5 Questions post strictly Christmas related. They are just some things I’ve been thinking about recently, and want to hear what other people have to say. The last time I did this, I got a few responses off line – one of my friends actually has heard of Mauritius (nerd). And I’d love if more people continued to respond to these, just so it doesn’t look like I’m writing to myself…
- What’s the earliest you’ll listen to Christmas music? I used to be firm in waiting til Dec 1, but I’ve since moved that to the day after Thanksgiving. What’s a couple days anyway? Get it in the rotation a little bit, I’m not talking about full-on lock on the Christmas station, just ease into it.
- Speaking of Xmas music, in the song ‘It’s the Most Wonderful Time of the Year’, why were “scary ghost stories” being told? Um, what am I missing here? I’ve never heard a ghost story told on or around Christmas, let alone a scary one. Great song, but seriously Andy Williams, you’re better than that! BTW the song always reminds me of this SNL skit.
- Could Festivus work? I mean really, do we think it would be successful? Perhaps, but cui bono? Who benefits? Well, for one the companies that sell aluminum poles would see an instant rise in profits. The Airing of Grievances would be the funnest part I think- people liquored up, pulling out the list they’ve kept over the past year and just letting their loved ones have it. And of course Feats of Strength, where I’m sure you’re praying the head of household doesn’t call you out this year. According to the episode, Festivus could literally go on forever if you can’t pin down the HOH. But lastly, and perhaps most important is the Festivus miracles that are sure to occur.
- What’s your favorite Christmas movie? It’s A Wonderful Life is still my #1. Check out the rest of mine and Gul’s here and let me know where you stand.
- How many times do you think you’ve heard ‘All I Want for Christmas Is You’? Think of a number in your head right now. Got one? Okay… The song is legally allowed to drink this year! So let’s say you hear it 30 times a season – you’re looking at 630 times you’ve heard it. No chance. I set the over/under at 1,000. And you know what – that’s still not enough because the song is just that good.